How To Seize Active Directory FSMO Roles
Query King | Thu, 03 Jan 2019 at 06:19 hours | Replies : 1 | Points : 100
Category : Active Directory
Please share command to Seize Active Directory FSMO Roles.
Please follow the below steps.
Note: It is not possible to seize FSMO roles using the graphical interface. So use below commands.
- Open an elevated command prompt on a working DC, type ntdsutil.
- Type roles.
- Type connection.
- Type connect to server <DC_name>, where <DC_name> is the name of the DC that will inherit the role.
- Type quit once.
- Type one of the following, depending on the role being seized:
- PDC Emulator: seize pdc
- Infrastructure Master: seize infrastructure master
- RID Master: seize rid master
- Domain Naming Master: seize naming master
- Schema Master: seize schema master
- Confirm that you wish to seize the role. There will be a considerable amount of output. The last line should indicate that the role has been seized.
- Type quit until you have exited Ntdsutil.
Use http://www.experts-adda.com/questions.php?id=72 URL to check FSMO Role status.