Getting Error In Joining Domain
Kumar Ashvini | Tue, 17 Apr 2018 at 19:42 hours | Replies : 1 | Points : 100
Category : Active Directory
I am getting below mentioned error while try to add machine in domain, please help me out what is the actual issue,I have check DNS and its working fine.
“An attempt to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed. Please verify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names in the target Domain.”
and major thing is that after getting this error machine is add in domain controller and no issue found but getting above message before joining.
Please try below and check.
1.Disable IP V6
- Open your Network Connections and click on Properties
- Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
2. Check if Reverse lookup Zone is exist for your Machine IP subnet.
3. Add Domain Controller IP as primary DNS if your DNS is NOT active Directory integrated DNS.
- Open your Network Connections and click on Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4)
- Update the Preferred DNS Server field with the IP address of your primary domain controller.
Now you can try to join your domain again.
Hope it will help.