How To Add Links/URLs To Internet Explorer Favorite Bar Using Group Policy
Query King | Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 02:49 hours | Replies : 2 | Points : 100
Category : Windows 10
Please help to add links to Internet Explorer Favorite Bar Using Group Policy. I want to add URLs into Internet Explorer Favorite Bar NOT Favorites Menu.
To Add Links/URLs to Internet Explorer Favorite Bar Using Group Policy, follow below steps.
- Open Internet Explorer on same Machine on which Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) is installed. (Can do it on Domain Controller).
- Browse the URL that you want i.e. www.eXperts-Adda.com
- Once page opened, Go to Favorites Menu and click to “Add to Favorites Bar”
- Do the same for all URLs that you want to add into Favorites bar.
- Close the Internet Explorer.
- Go to Run, Type Regedit.exe and explorer [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites\Favorites Bar] and make sure registry is reflecting.
- Now go to Run and Type GPMC.MSC.
- Select the GPO on which you want to add above setting or Create new GPO.
- Right Click and select Edit.
- In opened MMC, Explore User Configuration -> Preferences -> Windows Settings -> Registry.
- Right click on Registry and Select New and then click on Registry Wizard.
- Select Local Computer and click on next.
- Now explorer and select [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites\Favorites Bar]
- Click on Finish.
Now you should be able to see New Shortcuts into Favorites Bar. Hope it helps you.